Sunday, June 8, 2008

Chinese Online Class - Chinese Lesson

.

.

Guide to Chinese
Living in China

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.03 seconds; generated 3 minute(s) ago. Search: Posts Made By: jade-

Forum: Reading and Writing 13th March 2008, 05:19 AM

Replies: 103

Reading my book

Views: 3,754

Posted By jade-

Re: Reading my book

->From the upper reaches of the river, he heard a wave of strange noises, mixed with crying,
screeching, wailing and yelling, as if someone put two doves, nine mice, three guinea pigs and one
blind...

Forum: Reading and Writing 12th March 2008, 07:07 AM

Replies: 103

Reading my book

Views: 3,754

Posted By jade-

Re: Reading my book

->However, I was unwilling to live like that anymore, so I worked hard to get out from there, and
climbed up. Now I am living a decent life, especially with this piece of gray clothes, I look like
a...

Forum: Reading and Writing 11th March 2008, 02:21 AM

Replies: 103

Reading my book

Views: 3,754

Posted By jade-

Re: Reading my book

Is this 愿意 actually 原因?

-> One day, Tom even did not bother to catch any insects, the reason was that he happened to make
friend with one of the insects, and found out it (the insect) was an...

Forum: Reading and Writing 8th March 2008, 03:51 AM

Replies: 103

Reading my book

Views: 3,754

Posted By jade-

Re: Reading my book

Here 一 is the number and 处 is the classifier. 一处..角落 is the same usage as
一棵树,一个苹果。In this sentence, 一处 and 地方 are not interchangeable, but 地方
and角落 are interchangeable. 他躲在一处幽静的角落 can be replaced...

Forum: Reading and Writing 1st March 2008, 07:21 AM

Replies: 103

Reading my book

Views: 3,754

Posted By jade-

Re: Reading my book

->The old woman also came out, when she saw Duke John, she kneeled to and greeted him as if she
had met him before.

As for 曲膝礼, it refers the action to kneel to someone (kings, noblemen, etc.) to...

Forum: Reading and Writing 29th February 2008, 02:54 AM

Replies: 103

Reading my book

Views: 3,754

Posted By jade-

Re: Reading my book

Well, the Chinese guy was playing dumb. Give him a beer and he will tell you the truth. :mrgreen:

他们呆的像木鸡一样 – they were so shocked/stunned that they could not speak or move.

呆- does not mean...

Forum: Reading and Writing 28th February 2008, 02:57 AM

Replies: 103

Reading my book

Views: 3,754

Posted By jade-

Re: Reading my book

SeekerOfPeace,Thank you for your little tutorial! I did not think this simple. I tried to write in
HTML tags a couple of times yesterday, but forgot to add quotes around the color's name. Thank
you,...

Forum: Reading and Writing 27th February 2008, 05:38 AM

Replies: 103

Reading my book

Views: 3,754

Posted By jade-

Re: Reading my book

"1.
他钻进水里没有两分钟,就昏沉沉地睡觉了,而且从来没有睡的这样安静,�
��样深沉,这样舒服过,他梦今天早上走过的青草地,大榆树和那些睡着的�
�。

He had slipt into the water for not even two minutes, that he felt drowsy and sleepy furthermore,
he had never experienced...

Forum: Reading and Writing 26th February 2008, 01:38 AM

Replies: 103

Reading my book

Views: 3,754

Posted By jade-

Re: Reading my book

听仙后这么一说,
The fairy queen listened to what was said
->After hearing what the fairy queen said,

仙后又顺小河票下去,
The Fairy Queen once again...
->票 should be “漂”, wrong word is used here.
->The Fairy Queen...

Forum: Reading and Writing 7th February 2008, 08:43 AM

Replies: 103

Reading my book

Views: 3,754

Posted By jade-

Re: Reading my book

It is more like: “he looked and became happy because of what he saw.” So your #1 is closer
translation, the difference is that it is not the action he looked made him happy, but the result
of the...

Forum: Reading and Writing 6th February 2008, 12:09 PM

Replies: 103

Reading my book

Views: 3,754

Posted By jade-

Re: Reading my book

In general, 看得will be followed by a completment, like 吓得尖叫. You can say
看得清楚,or 看得高兴. When 看得 is used without anything after it, 得 is used as an
auxiliary of the verb to describe a possibility, e.g....

Forum: Reading and Writing 6th February 2008, 11:46 AM

Replies: 103

Reading my book

Views: 3,754

Posted By jade-

Re: Reading my book

Good point, Lu. There is that subtle difference.

However, we do call a five-year-old 小姑娘 in mainland. You don't do it in Taiwan?

Forum: Reading and Writing 5th February 2008, 08:11 AM

Replies: 103

Reading my book

Views: 3,754

Posted By jade-

Re: Reading my book

“床上的小姑娘被惊醒了,她跳起来, 看见了汤姆,吓得尖叫。

Here's my attempt at translating ths:

"The little girl's mother on the bed was awakened, she jumped up, saw Tom and screamed in fear."”

>>Most part of your...

Forum: Reading and Writing 31st January 2008, 07:32 AM

Replies: 103

Reading my book

Views: 3,754

Posted By jade-

Re: Reading my book

Again, here 跳 meaning jump, is the verb in this sentence and 起来 means "up". Like the last
sentence, 进来,起来,etc. as a phrase, often follows a verb. And the phrase works as "in"
(in the last case) or...

Forum: Reading and Writing 25th January 2008, 07:11 AM

Replies: 103

Reading my book

Views: 3,754

Posted By jade-

Re: Reading my book

冲进来, 冲 here means rush, storm, 进来 means in. So the 冲进来 means storms in. In this
sentence, 冲 is the verb, and 进来 as a phrase is the adverb.

可是他并没有捉到他, 并 here can be explained as "entirely" or...

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:53 PM.

-- Default Style ---- Larger Fonts -- vB3 Lite -- 简体中文 -- 繁體中文 -- English (US)
Contact Us -   - Archive - Top

Learn Chinese, Learn Mandarin online, Learning Materials, Mandarin audio lessons, Chinese writing lessons, Chinese vocabulary lists, About chinese characters, News in Chinese, Go to China, Travel to China, Study in China, Teach in China, Dictionaries, Learn Chinese Painting, Your name in Chinese, Chinese calligraphy, Chinese songs, Chinese proverbs, Chinese poetry, Chinese tattoo, Beijing 2008 Olympics, Mandarin Phrasebook, Chinese editor, Pinyin editor, China Travel, Travel to Beijing